Cities Power Partnership
What is Cities Power Partnership?
Cities Power Partnership is Australia's largest network of local councils leading the way to tackle climate change. Participating organisations must make five action pledges in the following areas to address climate change:
- Renewable energy
- Energy efficiency
- Sustainable transport
- Working in partnership
Is Singleton Council participating in the program?
Yes. In 2020, Council resolved to participate in the program.
Singleton Council's adopted pledges are:
- Install renewable energy (solar PV and battery storage) on Council buildings, for example childcare facilities, libraries, street lighting, recreation centres, sporting grounds and Council offices.
- Implement an education and behaviour change program to influence the behaviour of Council officers, local residents and businesses within the Local Government Area (LGA) to drive the shift to renewable energy, energy efficiency and sustainable transport.
- Adopt best practice energy efficiency measures across all Council buildings, and support community facilities to adopt these measures.
- Provide fast-charging infrastructure throughout the LGA at key locations for electric vehicles.
- Set LGA-level renewable energy or emissions reduction targets and sustainable energy policies to provide a common goal and shared expectations for local residents and businesses.