Section 10.7 Planning Certificates

When buying a property it is important to find out about planning controls or hazards that may affect the land you are seeking to purchase. 

 You may obtain this information from Council by making the following enquiries: 

  • Requesting a planning certificate (Section 10.7 certificate);
  • Obtaining any records of inspection of the land or any buildings on the land by Council; and
  • Obtaining a copy of any relevant plans or development consent issued by Council. 

What is a S10.7 Planning Certificate?  

 s10.7 Planning Certificates contain information about the town planning controls relevant to specific land as well as other information, which may affect the development of the land.  

You can apply for a s10.7 Planning Certificates by registering for Council's Online Services Portal and completing an online certificates application.

Why would I need a S10.7 Certificate?

When land is bought or sold, the Conveyancing Act 1919, requires a s10.7 Planning Certificate to be attached to the contract of sale. A s10.7 Planning Certificate can also provide existing owners with useful information about planning controls relating to their land.

Change to environmental zone names

As of 1 December 2021, a reference to an Environment Protection zone E1, E2, E3 or E4 in a document should be taken to be a reference to a Conservation zone C1, C2, C3 or C4. For further information please see Standard Instrument (Local Environmental Plans) Amendment (Land Use Zones) Order 2021 (

Current name

New name

Zone E1 – National Parks and Nature Reserves

Zone C1 – National Parks and Nature Reserves

Zone E2 – Environmental Conservation

Zone C2 – Environmental Conservation

Zone E3 – Environmental Management

Zone C3 – Environmental Management

Zone E4 – Environmental Living

Zone C4 – Environmental Living