What is Sustainability Advantage?
Sustainability Advantage is a program facilitated by NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment that provides assistance to medium to large organisations in achieving a range of corporates and community sustainability outcomes.
Is Singleton Council participating in the program?
Yes! In fact, Council has been a member of the program since 2017 and has since achieved Bronze Recognition for demonstrated commitment to business sustainability.
Key achievements include:
- Implementation of the Singleton Sustainability Strategy 2019-27
- Endorsement of priority UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Implementation of both corporate and community Sustainability Advisory Committee
- Implementation and continued commitment to the Sustainability Hub
- Solar installation on 15 high use Council facilities
- LED lighting installation throughout all Council facilities
- Investment in LED streetlighting replacement program (almost 1000 pre-2009 streetlights replaced!)
- Installation of Hydrawise systems installed across all Parks and Gardens facilities
- Installation of UV Disinfection Treatment Plant at Singleton Sewer Treatment Plant (expected to cut water usage by 50% each operating year, reducing costs by over $30,000 per year!)
- Installation of variable speed drives and oxygen concentration management devices (ensures that aerators at Singleton Water Treatment Plant are more intuitive and responsive to peak and off-peak periods, reducing energy consumption by a minimum of 20%)
- Implementation of numerous waste diversion and recycling streams at Singleton Waste Management Facility.
- Implementation of free drop-off days for chemicals, mattresses and tyres.
- Implementation of compost giveaways