If you believe that a vehicle has been abandoned or dumped in your neighbourhood, you can report the matter to the NSW Police on 131 444, or contact Council on T 02 6578 7290.
You'll need to provide:
- the exact location
- the make, model and colour of the vehicle
- the number plate (if available).
What can Council do?
Once a complaint about an abandoned vehicle has been received:
- Our rangers will investigate each report of an abandoned vehicle by:
- Attempting to contact the last known owner to move the vehicle
- Checking if the vehicle is registered and is not stolen
- Regularly monitoring the vehicle if the owner takes no action
- Removing the vehicle and impounding it if the owner takes no action in accordance with the Public Space (Unattended Property) Act 2021.
This process can take several weeks, depending on the registration status of the vehicle. If a vehicle has already been processed by us, it will have an abandoned sticker on the windscreen.