We’re helping Singleton residents create more comfortable, healthy and sustainable homes. With a subsidy of 90% and limited spaces, register now!
Singleton Council is offering subsidised home energy assessments in April and May 2023 to help homeowners reduce their energy bills. A government-accredited assessor will assess your home and recommend ways to reduce energy costs and make your home more comfortable.
How much does it cost?
Singleton Council will subsidise over 90% of the total cost of the assessment (valued at $560). You will need to pay $50, and Council will pay the remaining $510.
What do I get?
You will receive:
- A Residential Efficiency Scorecard home energy assessment delivered by a government-accredited assessor valued at $560 for only $50 (90% discount)
- An Action Plan with solutions to reduce your energy bills and create a more comfortable, healthy and sustainable home
- Energy star rating for your home
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for a subsidised home energy assessment if:
- You are an owner-occupier or landlord, and
- Live in a standalone house, semi-detached house or townhouse, and
- Own a home in Singleton LGA, and
- You pay $50 toward the assessment to Council, and
- Agree to the terms and conditions
Older homes, that are 10 years old or older, will be prioritised for assessments.
When will the assessments occur?
Home energy assessments will be undertaken in late April and early May 2023.
How does it work?
- After you register, Council will review your registration form. If you meet the eligibility criteria, Council’s customer service team will phone you for payment of the $50 fee.
- A government-accredited assessor will contact you to book your home energy assessment in April or May 2023.
- The assessor will visit your home to undertake the assessment. The assessment will take approximately 1.5 hours. The assessor will look at your heating and cooling systems, hot water, appliances, lighting, windows and other aspects of your home.
- The assessor will provide you with your Residential Efficiency Scorecard Certificate with the results of the assessment. You will receive an Action Plan listing the steps you can take to reduce your energy bills and create a more comfortable, healthy and sustainable home.
As part of participation in this program, households are required to complete a short 5 minute survey before and after the assessment and consent to sharing the household's Ausgrid electricity data to Council for the purposes of evaluating and reporting the outcomes of this program.
It’s all part of our plan to create a more Sustainable Singleton, starting with your street.
Visit Residential Efficiency Scorecard for more information.
Register for your home energy assessment now. Spaces are limited!
Complete the registration form. We will review your details and if you meet the eligibility criteria, Council’s Customer Service team will contact you for payment over the phone.
Registration closes Friday 14th April 2023.