Our service commitment
Council is committed to providing a high level of customer service and standards across the organisation. The mission of Council’s Water and Sewer Group is;
To provide high quality water supply complying with the recognised drinking water standards to residents, businesses’ and visitors and to collect, treat and manage sewage in an environmentally and socially responsible manner.
Our strategic decisions and day to day activities in achieving our mission will be guided by our following values;
- Our Customers – effectively anticipate and response to customer needs
- Our Environment – maintain the sustainability of the Singleton catchment
- Our People – establish and maintain productive and valued staff
- Our Assets – apply best practice in operating and maintaining our assets
- Our Finances – maintain Council’s Local Water Utility as a competitive and financially responsible and accountable entity
- Our Sustainability – manage the business to be commercially successful in the long term
- Our Accountability – demonstrate accountability to all stakeholders
As part of this commitment and to continually measure the services being provided, Council has clearly articulated its responsibilities in the Customer Service Plan - Water and Sewer Group, which is updated regularly. The document also sets out our responsibilities with the community in accordance with legislative framework.