EnviroMentors Education Program
Singleton Council in conjunction with Keep Australia Beautiful conducts the EnviroMentors program for local schools.
EnviroMentors is Australia’s leading mobile environmental education program for schools. This unique service assists Council to educate the local children on a wide range of local environmental issues. Interactive workshops assist student learning by passing on information about activities and behaviours that protect and conserve our fragile environments.
Children are the caretakers of the future and through the program, we teach them about caring for the environment and the simple but vitally effective measures they can take to protect and conserve our natural and built environments.
- A greater awareness of waste and water issues;
- An appreciation of the need for appropriate waste management and disposal;
- Clarification of local waste and water regulations;
- Local issues and focus points highlighted;
- Influence extends to the broader community, as participants are encouraged to teach others the new information they have learned.
To find out more information, or to sign your school up for the program, please contact Council's Customer Service Centre on T 02 6578 7290