Emergency Relief

In the event of an emergency, call 000 for Police, Ambulance and Fire.

Rural Aid

Providing economic and empathic assistance to rural communities impacted by natural disaster by partnering with key stakeholders to deliver meaningful outcomes.

T 0499 527 327 (Gary Bentley, Hunter-based counsellor)

Salvation Army

The Salvation Army provides community support. They can help you with emergency accommodation, employment services, aged care, youth services, legal and law services. They also offer gambling and addiction services.
T 02 6572 2690
W salvos.org.au
4 York Street, Singleton

Singleton Neighbourhood Centre

Singleton Neighbourhood Centre is a local organisation that provides support and information to the community. The Singleton Neighbourhood Centre can help put you in touch with services including financial assistance, health services, and a number of different support groups.
T 02 6571 2499
W singletonneighbourhoodcentre.org.au
21 Mary Street, Singleton

State Emergency Service (SES)

The State Emergency Service (SES) is an emergency and rescue service that can help you if you need assistance during floods and storms.
132 500
W ses.nsw.gov.au/

St Vincent De Paul 

The St Vincent De Paul Society provides community support. They can help you with disability support, disaster recovery, domestic and family violence, emergency housing, health, wellbeing, and financial assistance. They can also help you to find support settling in to Australia.
T 02 6571 2569
W vinnies.org.au
37 Macquarie Street, Singleton

TTY And Relay Service

If you have a hearing or speech impediment, you can use the TTY and relay service to make emergency calls.
To use TTY to contact Emergency services:

  • Using a TTY (teletypewriter phone) - dial 106
  • Voice Relay number T 1300 555 727
  • Using SMS relay – text 0423 677 767
  • Using an ordinary phone - dial  T 1800 555 727 and ask for Triple Zero (000)

Please visit W communications.gov.au for more information and service options.