Be informed and have your say on what is happening in Singleton and provide input into Council’s and our community’s future. The following items are currently on public exhibition. Details of each item can be found by viewing the documents attached to each item.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST | ARTS AND CULTURE ADVISORY GROUP
With an exciting period for arts and culture underway, Singleton Council invites expressions of interest from active community members to join the newly-formed Arts and Culture Advisory Group.
We are seeking members who are passionate advocates for arts and culture in our region. Along with representation from Singleton Council, constituents of the group will inclusively reflect the breadth of arts, culture and heritage diversity across our LGA.
The function of the Arts and Culture Advisory group is to:
- Support Council in the delivery of the Arts and Culture Strategy 2020-2030
- Assist Council promote and celebrate the arts, culture, and heritage of Singleton and to build connection between arts, culture and heritage groups and individuals in the community
- Provide advice and recommendations to Council on arts, culture, and heritage issues
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of a strong, identifiable public profile for arts and culture across the Singleton LGA
- To assist Council in developing, monitoring, and revising the Arts and Culture Strategy 2020-2030
The Arts and Culture Advisory Group will meet on a regular basis (at least four times annually) and work to a clear, ongoing agenda. Selected community members will be invited to join the Advisory Group for an initial two-year period, with the option to re-nominate following this term.
Expressions of interest, outlining related experience and reason for nominating to join the group, may be made via this form, or alternatively contact our Customer Service Team on T 02 6578 7290 for a hard copy to be posted to you.
Expressions of interest close on Monday 15 November 2021. For more information, contact T 02 6578 7290.
PLANNING PROPOSAL - BATHURST STREET, SINGLETON
Location: Lot 1 DP 1151446, 1-3 Bathurst Street SINGLETON
Council area: Singleton
Authority to make the LEP: Singleton Council
Council file reference: 60.2021.3
Singleton Council has received a request to amend the Singleton Local Environmental Plan 2013 (LEP) and has prepared a planning proposal which describes the proposed amendment. The amendment would:
- Reclassify Lot 1 DP 1151446, 1-3 Bathurst Street Singleton from ‘community land’ to ‘operational land’ pursuant to Part 2 of the Local Government Act 1993. This amendment would provide for the sale of the land, which is currently owned by Singleton Council.
The planning proposal will be on public exhibition from Thursday 7 October 2021 until Thursday 4 November 2021. You can view the exhibition documents during regular business hours at:
- Singleton Council Administration Centre - 8am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday Cnr Queen Street and Civic Avenue, Singleton
- Singleton Visitor Information Centre - Townhead Park, New England Highway, Singleton.
- Singleton Library - 8-10 Queen Street, Singleton.
The exhibition documentation may also be viewed below
Council is interested in your views regarding the LEP amendment and invites you to make a written submission on the proposed amendment.
Submissions will be taken into account by Council before consideration is given to the making of the LEP amendment. Submissions should include:
- Your name and address;
- The Council file reference (60.2021.3);
- A statement on whether you support or object to the LEP amendment as described by the planning proposal; and
- The reasons why you support or object to the LEP amendment.
Your submission must reach Singleton Council by close of business on 4 November 2021 and should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 314
SINGLETON NSW 2330
A public hearing will occur, pursuant to Section 29 of the Local Government Act 1993. This will allow the community an opportunity to expand on written submissions and discuss issues with an independent person in a public forum. After the exhibition period has ended, at least 21 days public notice is to be given before the hearing. This will enable the person chairing the hearing sufficient time to consider written submissions and all issues raised.
Council will provide a Notice of Public Hearing with the date, venue and any other information for the public hearing after the close of the exhibition period.
Note: Submissions must relate to the planning proposal being exhibited and must not contain comments which could be considered or construed as slanderous. Pursuant to Schedule 1 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, Council may make submissions publicly available. As such, submissions may be placed on Council’s website, in Council meeting reports and may also be forwarded to the proponent or viewed by other persons or authorities with an interest in the planning proposal.
In accordance with Section 10.4 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, a person who makes a submission in relation to the planning proposal is required to disclose all reportable political donations made to any councillor of Singleton Council and all gifts made to any councillor or employee of Singleton Council; by themselves or any of their associates within two years prior to the submission being made and ending when processing of the planning proposal is completed. For more details, including a disclosure form, go to www.singleton.nsw.gov.au .
Mr Rob Drew on 02 6578 7343.
- Planning proposal
- Appendix A – Gateway determination
- Appendix B – Deposited Plan & Deed of Purchase
- Appendix C – 1994 Council report
- Appendix D – Lease agreements
- Appendix E – Traffic and Parking Assessment
- Appendix F – Council resolution for carparking (July 2021)
- Appendix G – LEP Practice Note
- Planning Circular
Submissions must be received by close of business on the last day of the exhibition period, unless otherwise stated. Submissions are to be made in writing addressed to the General Manager.
Click here to submit your feedback online.
Click here to submit your feedback via email.
The General Manager
PO Box 314
Singleton NSW 2330
The personal information provided as part of submissions will be used for the purpose of considering the specific project or proposal on exhibition and will become a record of Council. All information will be stored securely and retained in accordance with the State Records Act 1998.
POLITICAL DONATIONS AND GIFTS
A Disclosure Statement of Political Donations and Gifts must be submitted to Council with your submission if the Public Exhibition is a Planning Matter under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979. This includes, but is not limited to: Development Application (DA), Development Control Plans (DCP’s), Local Environmental Plans (LEP’s), Section 7.11 Local Contributions Plan (previously Section 94 Contributions Plans).