Singleton Sports Council Grants
Singleton Sports Council offers three grant schemes which are designed to assist and support sport within the community.
Singleton Council Sports Grants
About the Grant Program
Singleton Council recognises the important contribution sport and recreation community organisations make in planning, developing and maintaining sport and recreation facilities and programs in their communities.
The Sports Grants program seeks to achieve Council’s objective of “Singleton is a creative, vibrant, inclusive, safe and healthy community“ through the provision of financial support to eligible community sporting organisations for projects that aim to achieve one or more of the following:
- Upgrading sport and recreation facilities to meet standards, regulations and changing community needs and expectations
- Promoting healthy and socially inclusive communities through investing in the development of accessible sport and recreation facilities
- Increasing opportunities to groups with inequitable access to sport and recreation activities and infrastructure
- Facilitating well-planned, infrastructure projects that meet community needs developed through collaborative approaches to increasing participation in sport and recreation activities
- Encouraging sustainability in the design, development and management of sport and recreation facilities
Preference will be given to applications that:
- are identified within Council’s, the club’s or state body’s strategic planning documents
- demonstrate self-help, commitment and future sustainability
- demonstrate collaboration and partnerships between community sporting organisations
- do not duplicate existing projects or activities
- embrace innovation and forward thinking
In 2022/2023 $171,529 is available with $85,000 available in Round 1.
Dates for 2022/2023
The opportunity to apply for grants is available twice annually, and will be promoted on the Singleton Council website and social media, outlining the availability of application forms and guidelines, and the closing dates.
- Grant Program Opens: 22 August 2022
- Grant Program Closes: 16 September 2022
- Successful Project Notified: November 2022
- Funding Agreements Due: December 2022
- Grant Program Opens: 27 February 2023
- Grant Program Closes: 24 March 2023
- Successful Project Notified: May 2023
- Funding Agreements Due: June 2023
Organisations may apply for a grant of up to 50% of the cost of the project. (Note that donated materials or voluntary labour will not be considered in the project cost).
This will be waivered for community groups applying for funding to undertake strategic plans and for community groups that can demonstrate extenuating circumstances (where 100% of the cost of the project will be provided).
Extenuating circumstances include repairs required due to natural disasters (eg bushfires, storms, floods), vandalism, or where clubs do not have a source of income through the levying of fees and charges (eg Parkrun).
Where emergency repairs are required to ensure the ongoing operation of the sports facility, Council will accept an application outside of the specified rounds. Should the application be supported by the grants committee, the funding can be approved by the General Manager and Mayor.
Eligible Applicants and Projects
Organisations that can apply must:
- Be community-based non-for-profit
- Have an ABN, or an auspicing body with an ABN
- Be based in the Singleton Local GovernmentArea or be delivering the project in the SingletonLocal Government Area
Funding will not be provided to:
- Government departments
- Organisations that have not acquitted previous grant/donations from this fund
Projects for the following will be considered on their merits and community benefit.
- Purchasing small items of equipment, for example:
- First aid equipment
- Equipment for use inside/outside club houses and amenities
- Sporting equipment for use by teams
- Minor repairs and upgrades to buildings or grounds, for example:
- Signage, notice boards or painting
- Fences, plumbing, or electrical
- Holding of events, for example:
- Events that promote participation in sport and physical activity and provide a focal point for community building and engagement e.g. a club could host a specific event/tournament. An event must be conducted on a specified day or consecutive days at a specified location
- Events that primarily involve sporting competition or mass participation in an organised physical activity e.g. an exhibition sporting match or hosting an interstate sports carnival
- Note: An event does not include regular ongoing weekly/monthly sporting competitions/activities and does not include the cost of food. The event date must be included in the application.
- Strategic Planning
- Funding of 100% of the cost of the project will be available to community groups wishing to prepare a Strategic Plan for their club. The plan should be endorsed by the State Sporting Organisation and adopted by the club’s committee within 12 months of receiving the funding. Assisting with obtaining larger grants
- Assistance towards planning, professional and application fees in preparing grant applications for larger projects. Funding cannot be used for projects that:
- Do not meet relevant Australian standards
- Do not have the necessary approvals, including a Permit to Undertake Work issued by Singleton Council
- Are proposed on private land, unless there is a clear public benefit to the community’s interest in sport and active recreation and there is documented consent from the land owner
- Provide little or no public access
- Have already commenced prior to the grant program closing date or cannot be completed within 12 months from the signing of the funding agreement
- Provide experiences that do not meet the definition of sport and active recreation
How to Apply
Applications are to be submitted on the Singleton Council Sports Grant Application Form. Applications, including all required documentation, must be submitted by 4pm Friday 16 September 2022 to be included in Round 1.
Applications must be addressed to “Singleton Council Sports Grant” and may be lodged by:
In person: Singleton Council Administration Centre, cnr Queen Street and Civic Avenue Singleton
Post: PO Box 314, Singleton NSW 2330
Required documentation to be included in all applications:
- Owners consent to complete the project where not on Council land
- Copies of any required approvals eg Development Approval, Event Approval or Permit to Undertake Works
- At least one quote to substantiate the expenditure in the project budget
- If an auspicing body is being used for the purpose of this grant application, then a letter of support from that body must be attached to the grant application
- Successful applicants will be required to raise a tax invoice to Council.
Application form and funding guidelines
An initial eligibility assessment will be undertaken to determine that the applicant organisation is eligible to apply, the application is complete, submitted by the closing date and meets program requirements in regard to project commencement and completion dates and amount of funds requested.
Projects will then be assessed by a panel including two Councillor representatives of the Singleton Sports Council and Council’s Manager Infrastructure Services.
The assessment panels will assess each application against the following criteria:
- The project will deliver on one or more of the program’s objectives
- The project will meet an identified need effectively
- The applicant organisation demonstrates the capacity and experience to deliver the project. Evidence of project partners will be considered as adding to your capacity to deliver the project
- The budget is reasonable and cost effective
- The distribution of the grant funds is at the discretion of the assessment panel and no further correspondence will be entered into
Except where an extension has been agreed with Council, funding is to be used within 12 months of the signing of the funding agreement and is either to be acquitted by this time or returned to Singleton Council.
To acquit the funding the recipient must forward a one page report to Singleton Council and confirm that the funding has been spent, the date the funding was spent, and that the money was used for the purpose described in the application form. The report is to be signed by an office bearer of the community group.
For enquiries or assistance regarding applications and acquittals please contact Council’s Coordinator Recreation and Facilities at Singleton Council on:
T 02 6578 7269
Sports Improvement Fund Grant
This grant is offered to members of the Sports Council to assist in programs and projects that support their sport. To be eligible, sporting groups must be affiliated with Sports Council, attend meetings and be up-to-date with their membership fees.
Athletes and Officials Grants Scheme
Designed to help athletes and officials who have achieved international representation to assist with expenses associated with travel.
For information regarding Grants offered by the Office Of Sport, click here.