Nominations sought for Singleton Arts and Culture Advisory Group
Published on 26 July 2022
Following the successful launch of the Singleton Arts and Cultural Centre earlier this year, Singleton Council is encouraging local creatives to be part of the Arts and Culture Advisory Group to help make our local government area (LGA) the Hunter’s centre of creativity.
Meeting at least four times a year, Vicki Brereton, Council’s Director Organisation and Community Capacity said the group plays a vital role in supporting Council to deliver the actions set out in the Arts and Culture Strategy, working with the local community to implement quality programs that enhance Singleton's identity.
The function of the Arts and Culture Advisory Group is to:
- Support Council in the delivery of the Arts and Culture Strategy 2020-2030
- Assist Council promote and celebrate the arts, culture, and heritage of Singleton and to build connection between arts, culture and heritage groups and individuals in the community
- Provide advice and recommendations to Council on arts, culture, and heritage issues
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of a strong, identifiable public profile for arts and culture across the Singleton LGA
- To assist Council in developing, monitoring, and revising the Arts and Culture Strategy 2020-2030
There are currently four positions available on the Advisory Group, including:
- 2/ general community delegates
- 1/ delegate who identifies as having a disability
- 1/ youth delegate who is aged between 16 and 21 years of age
“With the stage now set for our creative future with the Singleton Arts and Cultural Centre opening earlier this year following the adoption of the Singleton Arts and Culture Strategy, this group is an extremely important touch point, working with us to support and promote our thriving artistic community and enhance cultural connections across our LGA,” Mrs Brereton said.
“We’re calling on expressions of interest from our arts and cultural leaders who have a passion for delivering outcomes, providing recommendations and advice on behalf of our arts sector.
“If you’re an active member of our community and a passionate advocate for arts and culture in our region, this is the perfect position for you, and I invite you to submit your expression of interest on Council’s website.”
Expressions of Interest outlining related experience and reason for nominating to join the group must be made by close of business 26 August 2022.