Bulga Stock Reserve is located in the Hunter Valley region of New South Wales, in the Singleton Local Government Area approximately 24 kilometres south-west of the Singleton township. It is a 5.3 hectare Crown Reserve (No. 170159) located on the south-eastern edge of the village of Bulga, off the north-east side of the Putty Road. Singleton Council is the Reserve’s Council-manager (under the Crown Land Management Act 2016). The site and surrounds was originally a location for resting, holding and watering stock – and was possibly part of the historic main thoroughfare for travelling stock from the northern districts of NSW to Sydney, dating from the early 1800s. The site was formally gazetted as a “water reserve” in 1884 and as a “travelling stock reserve” in 1888.