Paying your Rates

Your rates help us provide the Singleton community with valued services like road maintenance, footpaths and cycleways, library, community services for young people and seniors, and much more.

Like all council's across the country, rates are levied on a financial year cycle.

Rates and charges can be paid annually by the 31 August or you can elect to pay the total amount by four equal quarterly instalments due on:

  • 31 August
  • 30 November
  • 28 February
  • 31 May 

Payment options


You can pay your rates online through our Online Services portal. You will be required to create an account and sign in to access this feature. 

Direct Debit

You can put your rates on autopilot with direct debit. We can arrange automatic transfers from your accounts on a fortnightly, quarterly or annual basis. 

To set up a direct debit arrangement with us, simply download the form and email it to us at E



To pay via BPAY, contact your participating bank, credit union or building society to pay from your account. You can also set this up yourself via your online banking platform.

To find the BPAY biller code and assessment number, please see the BPAY information at the bottom of your rates notice.


Credit card payments can be made over the phone. 

To pay your rates via phone, call our Customer Service team on T 02 6578 7290.


Mail your cheque with the bottom portion of your notice, payable to:

Singleton Council

PO BOX 314

Singleton NSW 2330

In Person

You can pay your rates in person by presenting your account at any Australia Post Office, or Council's Administration Building or Visitor Information Centre during business hours:

Singleton Council Administration Building 

12 -14 Queen Street 

Opening hours
8am - 4.30pm | 
Monday - Friday

Singleton Visitor Information Centre

Townhead Park
New England Highway

Opening hours
9am - 5pm, 7 days


Financial hardship

If you're experiencing financial hardship, we may be able to help by:

  • allowing some extra time to pay 
  • arranging smaller regular payments, like a fortnightly direct debit
  • deferring payments of rates for pensioners

Any residential or farmland ratepayer suffering hardship may offer a payment arrangement to Council. Provided that the ratepayer proves hardship to Council and the arrangement is acceptable to Council, Council will write off any interest accrued during the term of the arrangement, provided that the arrangement is kept Legislation Section 515 of the Local Government Act, 1993.

Writing off of accrued interest

The council may write off accrued interest on rates or charges payable by a person if, in its opinion: 

(a) the person was unable to pay the rates or charges when they became due and payable for reasons beyond the person's control, or 

(b) the person is unable to pay the accrued interest for reasons beyond the person's control, or 

(c) Payment of the accrued interest would cause the person hardship 

Council's Hardship Rate Relief application form can be accessed via the Online Services portal. You will be required to sign in or create an account to access this form.