Singleton Council has a leash-free dog park. This park is located along the Hunter River off Darlington Road, next to Merricks Fire Brigade Reserve.
If you are planning on using an off leash area, you should:
- Ensure you pick up and dispose of your dog faeces in the disposal bins provided
- Remember you are still required to have control over your dog in the off leash areas
- The provisions of the off leash areas do not apply to declared 'dangerous and restricted' dogs
- Ensure your dog is wearing a collar and tag
- Please take note of the Council signs erected in the off leash areas.
Not complying with these rules may result in a fine being issued.