Go To Search
How Do I
Water mains
hydrant top
Water mains are located in almost all streets where a town water service supplies a property.

Along water mains are:
  • Stop valves - for isolating water main sections;
  • Hydrants - for fire fighting purposes; and
  • Water service tappings - to connect properties to water main.

Hydrants (yellow square top) need to be accessible at all times for use by fire brigades when required.

Hydrant tops and valve top heights can generally be adjusted as required, contact Council on 02 6578 7290.

Driveways will often cross water mains. Please contact Council on 02 6578 7290 to identify the location of a fire hydrant, stop valve or service tapping.

It is important that hydrants, stop valves and tappings are accessible for emergency situations. If they are located in a proposed driveway area Council will provide access tops free of charge for placement in concrete or paving driveways.

Singleton Council
PO Box 314 Singleton NSW 2330
Ph: 02 6578 7290