Go To Search
How Do I
What approval is required?
Demolition of some structures does not require Council approval. These structures are described in the NSW SEPP (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008.

All other demolition work requires either development consent from Council or a Complying Development Certificate issued by either Council or a Private Accredited Certifier.

Prior to undertaking any demolition work or seeking written approval from Council you should consult with WorkCover NSW to discuss the proposed works particularly if asbestos disturbance is involved.

Buildings containing asbestos
You should refer to the following information if you know or suspect that the building to be demolished contains asbestos:

• Fibro and asbestos – frequently asked questions;
Fibro and Asbestos – A Renovator and Home Owner’s Guide.

Do not undertake any demolition work on a building containing or likely to contain asbestos until you have discussed the project with Council Staff and NSW WorkCover.

Singleton Council
PO Box 314 Singleton NSW 2330
Ph: 02 6578 7290