What is required for water treatment and servicing?

All water cooling systems can only be operated if they are equipped with a process designed to control microbial growth and only if the process is in continuous operation and certified annually.

All regulated systems are required to be equipped with an operating and maintenance manual which includes details of inspections and services performed. Manuals and records must be kept on site.

A copy of the annual certificate of disinfection along with records of services and cleaning must be submitted to Council. Please note: only a 'duly qualified' contractor can be engaged to install, operate and maintain regulated systems. The Office of Fair Trading licenses contractors who undertake this work. 

Show All Answers

1. How do I register a 'regulated system' with Council?
2. What is required for water treatment and servicing?
3. What is required if removing a water cooling system?
4. Want to find out more?