Which businesses need to register?

Under the provision of the NSW Public Health Act 2010 and NSW Public Health Regulation 2012 all premises which perform a skin penetration procedure are regulated and required to register with Council.

A skin penetration procedure (whether medical or not) includes:

  • Acupuncture
  • Tattooing
  • Hair removal
  • Colonic lavage
  • Ear/body piercing
  • Cosmetic enhancement
  • Blood cholesterol and glucose measurement
  • Beauty treatments.

Show All Answers

1. Which businesses need to register?
2. Where do I go for further information on the required hygiene standards?
3. How often does Council carry out inspections?