Do I need insurance?

All public events held in Singleton require public liability insurance.

Organisations or groups planning to host an event should have insurance already in place. It is important to check with your insurance broker that the nature of the event is covered under your policy.

Council requires a minimum of $20 million in cover and must be listed as an interested party on all Certificates of Currency.

Your application cannot be approved without this insurance in place.

Importantly, any vendors you engage to operate at your event (such as food vendors or amusement operators) are also required to have their own insurances in place. As the event organiser, it’s your responsibility to ensure you receive a copy of the vendor’s public liability insurance in addition to your own. Food vendors may also require a current Food Safety Supervisors (FSS) Certificate.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need permission to hold my event?
2. Do I need insurance?
3. Is there a specific time period required when applying for event approval?
4. Are there costs associated with event approvals?
5. Will there be other permits or approvals required?