Council is taking action to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The safety of our community and our staff is our top priority.
HOW WE ARE RESPONDING
- We are practising social distancing.
- We are promoting NSW Health are the primary source of truth throughout this pandemic. The website www.health.nsw.gov.au is the primary source of information and health updates.
- Singleton Council’s Leadership Team meets regularly to discuss the pandemic, allowing us to establish our approach and provide advice to our staff and the broader community.
- We have implemented increased cleaning regimes for our sites and erected appropriate signage.
- We are liaising with other agencies, including the Office of Local Government, emergency agencies and neighbouring councils to ensure sharing of information and consistent messaging to our community.
- We’re encouraging our customers to connect with us remotely by using our Online Services, via our web chat or by telephone on 02 6578 7290 during business hours.
- We are working through flexible working options with Council staff to keep delivering our essential services.
- Singleton Council employees who have recently travelled oversees or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 have been excluded from work and are advised to self-isolate for 14 days.
- All employees have been reminded to practice good hygiene to prevent the spread.
In addition to adhering to social distancing and hygiene requirements, contractors undertaking work for Singleton Council at Council sites must complete a site approval form, declaring that:
- their business has a current COVID Safe Plan in place;
- they agree to Council’s protocol for Face to Face meetings; and
- COVID-19 information has been completed for all staff onsite.
The completed form must be emailed to Singleton Council for approval not less than five (5) days where possible prior to a contractor's attendance at a Council site.
In accordance with NSW Health requirements, visitors to Council sites including the Administration Building, Visitor Information Centre, Singleton Library and Singleton Youth Venue must complete the COVID-19 visitor register.