Review of DCP amendment proposal
The review of the Development Control Plan (DCP) amendment proposal is an initial step in processing requests made to Council to amend a DCP. Council's strategic planners will carry out this process.
The outcome of this process is formal advice from Council on whether the proposal to amend the DCP:
- IS considered to have merit for processing; or
- IS NOT able to be supported.
Once a DCP amendment proposal has been lodged with Council, it will generally proceed through the following process (timeframes are indicative only):
- Documents registered into Council’s record keeping system, acknowledgment letter sent to applicant and request allocated to processing officer for review (generally within 10 business days of initial lodgement);
- Processing officer inspects the site subject of the DCP amendment request and reviews the DCP amendment proposal against relevant legislation, strategies, planning directions and guidelines to determine whether the proposal contains sufficient information to demonstrate merit and compliance with the legislation, strategies, planning directions and guidelines;
- Processing officer issues written advice to the applicant (generally within 40 business days of being allocated the DCP amendment request).
Where fees are payable to progress the proposal to the next stage in the process, such fees will be identified in the invoice issued by Council. Fees payable are determined in accordance with Council’s adopted fees and charges schedule and must be paid prior to the proposal progressing further.
If Council has issued written advice that it does not support a DCP amendment request, the applicant may lodge a new application with Council with a revised or updated proposal. The revised request will incur the “Review of DCP amendment request” fee and require lodgement of a new lodgement form and submission of a new set of supporting information. It is only advisable to do so if the revised or updated proposal suitably addresses issues identified with the original proposal.
A staged fee system applies to DCP amendment applications. Where fees are payable to progress the proposal to the next stage in the process, such fees will be identified in an invoice issued by Council. Fees payable are determined in accordance with Council’s adopted fees and charges schedule and must be paid prior to the proposal progressing further.
You can track your application on Council’s tracking site.