Pre - lodgement

To make the process as streamlined as possible the following three steps take you through the initial planning phase of your project right through to lodging your application.


We encourage you to talk to us about your building or development options early on in the planning process. 

Council’s Duty Planner and Building Surveyor are available to provide general advice and to assist in the process of submitting your application. Advice from the Duty Planner is generally recommended for less complex matters, such as general planning- related enquiries and advice for small-scale development, Local Environmental Plan (LEP) amendments and Development Control Plan (DCP) amendments. 

Where the development is more complex in nature, a pre-lodgement meeting is offered.

Council’s Duty Planner is available for general enquiries on Monday to Friday from 8.30am -12pm. 

To make a request for a call back from our Duty Planner, please contact our Customer Service Centre  from 8.30am -12pm Monday to Friday  on 02 6578 7290 . We ask that you please allow up to five business days for a call back.


Complete the application form outlining the following essential information:

  • Applicant and owners details.
  • Property details.
  • Description of the development.
  • The proposed details.
  • The type of development consent for which you are applying.

A specification is required to describe the construction and materials from which the building is to be constructed, a Statement of Environmental Effects (or Environmental Impact Statement for Designated Development), and a BASIX certificate also needs to be included with the application.


Some applications will require additional plans be submitted, such as landscape, drainage, bulk earthworks and driveway profile plans, however the following plans are always required to accompany a DA where building work is proposed:

  • Site Plan
  • Floor Plan
  • Elevation Plan

The application form must be signed. By signing the form, you are consenting to the application being lodged over your property.

If you have made any reportable political donations please complete a disclosure statement of political donations and gifts form, which is to be submitted with your application. To find out more you can read our information on political donations.


All plans are to be drawn to a standard scale, which is to be nominated on the plan. All plans should be no larger than A3.

Should your property be located in a mine subsidence area, your plans will also need to be stamped by Subsidence Advisory NSW.