Government Services

Both the Australian and NSW Government offer services to help you live work and be an active member of your community. These services can help you to get a drivers licence, find a job or pay part of your medical expenses. You may be able to use the service online but in some situations, you will need to visit a service centre.


Centrelink is a part of the Department of Human Services. Centrelink delivers payments and services for retirees, the unemployed, families, carers, parents, people with disabilities, Indigenous Australians, students aged 16-24, apprentices and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds. Centrelink may be able to help you find a payment or service that is suitable for you and your family.

You can visit Centrelink online at: or you can visit a Department of Human Services office at 6 William Street, Singleton


Medicare is a national health care program that offers free or reduced cost medical care to Australian and New Zealand citizens as well as some permanent residents of Australia. To see if you are eligible for Medicare please visit the website or a Department of Human Services centre.

For more information please visit Medicare online at: or visit a Department of Human Services office at 6 William Street, Singleton


Service NSW can help you access a range of government services. Service NSW can help you apply for a NSW driver’s licence, pay vehicle registration fees, register the birth of a child, apply for a marriage certificate and access many other government services.
Service NSW offers a free website translation service to help you access information in your preferred language, or you can visit a Service Centre in Singleton.

158 John Street, Singleton