The north-western corner of Pokolbin is home to a cluster of boutique wineries, relaxed restaurants and gourmet producers with Instagram- worthy views. It also boasts the region’s first dedicated bicycle path linking more than a dozen wineries along the vine-lined route.
FOOD AND WINE TRAIL
Looking for a dedicated wine and food trail with stacks of sights and delights? Then head to the north-western end of Pokolbin where you’ll find the Around Hermitage Wine and Food Trail and some memorable food and wine experiences. There are scores of places where you can taste, play and stay to your heart’s content, all with picture-perfect views. Just download the map and follow the “RED” trail and treat your tastebuds to some of the region’s best boutique beers, award-winning wines and top-notch cafes and restaurants.
The Trail also snakes past an art gallery and sculpture garden, antique store, dairy, chocolate shop, wine and cooking schools, and day spa.
A great way to explore the Trail is by bike on the brand-new cycleway that runs all the way along Hermitage Road, linking more than a dozen wineries along the vine-lined route from the New England Highway in the north to Broke Road in the south. There are several places where you can hire bikes on the Trail and set off on your two-wheel adventure.
- Some of the best scenery in the Hunter Valley, capturing the Brokenback Mountains
- Meet the winemakers at the family-owned cellar doors
- Get active between sips on the Hermitage cycleway, play a game of croquet, giant jenga or giant chess at selected cellar doors
- Galleries, outdoor sculptures and cooking classes
- Visit in May and experience FLiCKERFEST Short Film Festival