CLASSES OF HEAVY VEHICLES
Examples of the different types of heavy vehicle in each class include:
- Class 1 heavy vehicles - Special purpose vehicles, Agricultural vehicles, Oversize and Over Mass vehicles
- Class 2 heavy vehicles - Freight carrying vehicles (B-doubles, B-triples, Road Trains), Buses, Vehicle carriers, Livestock vehicles, Performance Based Standards (PBS) vehicles.
Class 3 heavy vehicles - Vehicles which, together with their load, do not comply with prescribed mass or dimension requirements.
TRAVEL IN NSW ONLY
For Class 1 and 3 vehicles seeking a permit for travel within NSW only:
- For travel on local roads you need to seek the approval from council
- For travel on state roads, you need to apply directly to Roads and Maritime Services
- For Class 1 and 3 vehicles seeking a peDUjMyk3NSi_XD9aPw6jEzhinAbaefR35uqn5uVI5FdpaJIgBMbnrmit for travel between NSW and another state you will need to seek a permit directly from the NHVR
- All Class 2 vehicle permits are issued by the NHVR. Applications will need to be made directly to NHVR
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PERMIT
To apply for an OSOM permit for roads within the Singleton LGA you must fully complete the Oversize Overmass Permit request form.
A fee is payable for the processing of the application and must be paid prior to a permit being issued.
Lodgement of an application is not a guarantee that a permit will be issued. Once completed the form should be submitted via email to Singleton Council.
Please allow 10 working days to process your application. If you are also applying to Roads and Maritime Services to travel on state roads as part of the same trip, a copy of this permit must be included with your application.