Terms and Conditions
- This website is owned and managed by Singleton Council.
- The website is available for your use only on condition that you agree to these terms and conditions. By accessing/using the website, you are signifying that you agree to be bound by these terms.
- Singleton Council may revise and update these terms and conditions at any time. Your continued usage of the website after any changes to these terms and conditions will mean you accept those changes.
- The copyright for the content on this website is owned or licensed by Singleton Council and is protected under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and by other copyright laws in both Australia and other countries. Application for permission to use any material on this site should be sent via email or addressed to:
The General Manager
PO Box 314
SINGLETON NSW 2330
The website may contain links to third-party websites and resources (“linked sites”). These linked sites are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Singleton Council. Singleton Council makes no representations or warranties regarding the availability, correctness, accuracy, performance or quality of the linked site or any content, software, service or application found at any linked site.
- Singleton Council makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, security or timeliness of the content, information or services provided by the website and disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for a particular purpose.
In registering to use the Singleton Council Online Services Portal, I agree that such use will be in accordance with the Terms and Conditions outlined below.
The following statement applies to the collection, use, disclosure and handling of personal information collected by Singleton Council (Council) via our Portal.
As a NSW government agency, Council must meet the requirements of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (Cth) and the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW). It is understood the Portal's primary purpose includes, but is not limited to, viewing property information, applying for a planning certificate, and submitting a customer request and accordingly any personally identifiable information provided via the Portal is governed in accordance with this legislation and may be requested by a third party.
- Copyright and Licence
The Site may contain information, data, graphics, images and other materials (Content) prepared for and on behalf of Council.
The Content is subject to copyright under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and other countries through international treaties.
Council grants you a non-exclusive licence to produce the contents of the Portal in your web browser (and in cache files produced by your web browser) for the sole purpose of viewing the Content however reserves all other rights. If you copy, reproduce, republish, upload to a third party, transmit or distribute in any way the Content of this Portal contrary to the provisions of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) you will be taken to have indemnified Council against any claim or action in respect to breach of copyright.
- Your Content, Use of Content and Liability
You are responsible for the Content included in any communications that you submit to this Portal or otherwise to Council, including its truthfulness and accuracy. You acknowledge that, where you submit any Content to or via this Portal, any statement made by you accurately sets out the evidence which you would be prepared, if necessary, to give in court as a witness. Any such statement must be true to the best of your knowledge and belief and you make it knowing that, if it is tendered in evidence, you shall be liable to prosecution if you have wilfully stated in it anything which you know to be false, or do not believe to be true.
You must ensure that any Content that you submit to the Portal is not offensive, indecent, discriminatory, abusive, harassing or pornographic and does not infringe the rights, including intellectual property rights such as copyright, of any person.
Use of Your Content
You grant to Council a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free licence (including a right of sub-licence) to access, use and reproduce any Content submitted by you to this Portal. You acknowledge that the Content and format of the Portal may be changed by Council at any time, without notice, in its absolute discretion.
Liability – No Representation
Council will not be liable for any loss, liability, damages or injury (including without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss) resulting from your access to, or inability to access, the Portal or any Services associated with it, from your reliance on any Content provided on the Portal or from your submission of any Content to the Portal. In addition, Council makes no representations, warranties or assurances as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the Portal's Content or the availability of services provided via the Portal.
Council is not the owner of any rating information accessed in relation to any property details within the Portal; such information is provided to Council by means of a third party for property rating purposes.
- Third Party Sites
The Portal may provide links or references to other independent third party sites however Council is not responsible for the Content of such other sites and will not be liable for any damages or injury (including without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss) arising from that Content. Any links to other sites are provided as merely a convenience to Portal users.
The Portal is intended for use by residents of Australia only and the Content is governed by the laws in force in New South Wales and, if appropriate, Commonwealth legislation.