Singleton Waste Management Facility
RULES OF ENTRY
Whilst at the Singleton Waste Management Facility, please adhere to the following rules at all times:
- Enclosed footwear must be worn onsite and when exiting your vehicle
- Pets and children must remain in your vehicle at all times
- Scavenging and removing materials from the Waste Management Centre is not permitted
- Obey all staff instructions and signs
- Smoking onsite is not permitted
- You must cover your load.
During periods of wet weather, please contact Singleton Waste Management Facility as tipping may not be possible for all or some types of waste.
- Physical distancing measures are in place, and you will be required to remove your own waste from your vehicle
- All transactions are cashless, and parts of the facility have limits on the number of people in certain areas
- Please be patient with staff and other customers whilst this takes place and follow the directions of staff to ensure your safety
Monday through Friday
8am to 4.30pm
Saturday through Sunday (and Public Holidays)
9am to 4.30pm
Closed: Christmas Day and Good Friday
FEES AND CHARGES
Singleton Waste Management Facility accepts EFTPOS or on account (subject to approval). Cash and cheques will not be accepted.
For fees and charges please see our Fees and Charges Schedule.
All charges include GST and State Government Waste Levy
Recycling is free for a car boot or small trailer load. Recyclables including paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, cans, paints, motor oil, vehicle batteries, LPG gas bottles, fire extinguishers, e-waste, polystyrene, mobile phone, fluorescent tubes, smoke detectors.
There are specific costs and conditions (including three (3) business days advance notification of delivery) for disposal of special wastes, including but not limited to, asbestos, large concrete sections, bulky demolition waste, fine dusty wastes and animal wastes.
Enquiries and notification can be made to Council’s Customer Service Centre on T 02 6578 7290
BURRAGAN RECYCLE SHOP
Sort the treasure from the trash! Complementing the Community Recycle Centre operations, and stepping up the commitment to reducing waste and increasing recycling, the Burragan Recycling Shop at Singleton Waste Management Facility opened for business 5 November 2016.
The shop name, Burragan is a local Aboriginal word meaning boomerang and reflects the nature of the items for sale returning back into use.
Open every day
10am to 2pm
Closed: Christmas Day and Good Friday
HOW IT WORKS
Facility staff divert items destined for landfill to the recycling shop, including building items from renovations such as doors, flooring and pavers, nuts, bolts, nails and household items such as furniture, knick knacks and bicycles.
Funds raised through the recycling shop operations assist with Councils disposal of expensive recyclables and problem wastes such as chemicals and e-waste. These services are currently offered free of charge to the community.
This Singleton Council project was supported by the NSW Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy.
FREE DOMESTIC WASTE VOUCHER
The Domestic Waste Voucher is provided as a component of the annual Domestic Waste Management Charge, where by each rateable property with a current waste management service (kerbside) applied is allocated 1 x Domestic Waste Voucher per financial year. The provision of such has been in place since 2004.
The terms and conditions of the Domestic Waste Voucher are as follows;
- Valid for use in the financial year issued
- Vouchers are non-transferable
- Vouchers will not be replaced if lost or destroyed
- Vouchers must be presented with appropriate identification at the time of disposal
- Vouchers are for domestic, non-commercial waste only
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed for money
- Vouchers are limited to a maximum of 300kg, gate fees apply for additional weight presented
- Vouchers do not include the disposal of mattresses or tyres
FREE TYRE DROP OFF DAY
Singleton Waste Management Facility hosts several free tyre drop off days for residents each year, where residents can drop off up to four motorbike, car, 4WD or light truck tyres for free.
The next Free Tyre Drop Off Day will be on Saturday 12 November 2022.
You'll also be helping the environment, with 82% of each tyre recycled in a range of ways in road productions, playground and sporting surfaces, civil infrastructure and engineering products.
* Proof of Singleton residency is required
* Truck and heavy vehicle tyres will not be accepted
FREE MATTRESS MUSTER
Singleton Waste Management Facility hosts free Mattress Musters each year, where each household in the Singleton LGA can drop up to four mattresses for free.
The next Mattress Muster will be on Saturday 3 September from 10am - 2pm.
Cot mattresses, innerspring mattress, foam and latex mattresses and ensemble bases will be accepted. Please note a mattress and ensemble base will count as two items.
You'll also be helping the environment, with 75% of mattress components able to be recycled.
* Limit 4 mattresses per customers
* Proof of Singleton LGA address required