Singleton Waste Management Facility
RULES OF ENTRY
Whilst at the Singleton Waste Management Facility, please adhere to the following rules at all times:
- Enclosed footwear must be worn onsite and when exiting your vehicle
- Pets and children must remain in your vehicle at all times
- Scavenging and removing materials from the Waste Management Centre is not permitted
- Obey all staff instructions and signs
- Smoking onsite is not permitted
- You must cover your load.
During periods of wet weather, please contact Singleton Waste Management Facility as tipping may not be possible for all or some types of waste.
- Physical distancing measures are in place, and you will be required to remove your own waste from your vehicle
- All transactions are cashless, and parts of the facility have limits on the number of people in certain areas
- Please be patient with staff and other customers whilst this takes place and follow the directions of staff to ensure your safety
- Council has extended the time for use of trailer vouchers until 31 October 2020
Monday through Friday
8am to 4.30pm
Saturday through Sunday
9am to 4.30pm
Closed: Christmas Day and Good Friday
FEES AND CHARGES
Singleton Waste Management Facility accepts EFTPOS or on account (subject to approval). Cash and cheques will not be accepted.
For fees and charges please see our Fees and Charges Schedule.
All charges include GST and State Government Waste Levy
Recycling is free for a car boot or small trailer load. Recyclables including paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, cans, paints, motor oil, vehicle batteries, LPG gas bottles, fire extinguishers, e-waste, polystyrene, mobile phone, fluorescent tubes, smoke detectors.
There are specific costs and conditions (including three (3) business days advance notification of delivery) for disposal of special wastes, including but not limited to, asbestos, large concrete sections, bulky demolition waste, fine dusty wastes and animal wastes.
Enquiries and notification can be made to Council’s Customer Service Centre on T 02 6578 7290
BURRAGAN RECYCLE SHOP
Sort the treasure from the trash! Complementing the Community Recycle Centre operations, and stepping up the commitment to reducing waste and increasing recycling, the Burragan Recycling Shop at Singleton Waste Management Facility opened for business 5 November 2016.
The shop name, Burragan is a local Aboriginal word meaning boomerang and reflects the nature of the items for sale returning back into use.
10am to 2pm
Closed: Christmas Day and Good Friday
HOW IT WORKS
Facility staff divert items destined for landfill to the recycling shop, including building items from renovations such as doors, flooring and pavers, nuts, bolts, nails and household items such as furniture, knick knacks and bicycles.
Funds raised through the recycling shop operations assist with Councils disposal of expensive recyclables and problem wastes such as chemicals and e-waste. These services are currently offered free of charge to the community.
This Singleton Council project was supported by the NSW Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy.
FREE DOMESTIC WASTE VOUCHER
The Domestic Waste Voucher is provided as a component of the annual Domestic Waste Management Charge, where by each rateable property with a current waste management service (kerbside) applied is allocated 1 x Domestic Waste Voucher per financial year. The provision of such has been in place since 2004.
The terms and conditions of the Domestic Waste Voucher are as follows;
- Valid for use in the financial year issued
- Vouchers are non-transferable
- Vouchers will not be replaced if lost or destroyed
- Vouchers must be presented with appropriate identification at the time of disposal
- Vouchers are for domestic, non-commercial waste only
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed for money
- Vouchers are limited to a maximum of 300kg, gate fees apply for additional weight presented
- Vouchers do not include the disposal of mattresses or tyres
COVID-19 - DOMESTIC WASTE VOUCHER EXTENSION
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Domestic Waste Vouchers for 2019/2020 have been extended to 31 October 2020