Bulk Waste Collection
Singleton Council provides an annual Bulk Waste Collection service to urban and rural residential properties who pay for a waste collection service in the Singleton LGA.
- General household bulky waste
- Fully dismantled swing sets and trampolines
- Scrap metal
- Rolled floor coverings up to 1.5m in length
- Up to two wheelbarrow loads of household building waste
- ALL whitegoods, e-waste and air-conditioners (as they need special degassing and are only accepted at the Dyrring Road Waste Management Facility)
- Green waste
- Hazardous solids/ liquids and batteries
- Commercial builders rubble and bricks
- Mirrors, glass table-tops, window panes, sliding glass doors etc.
- Place waste to the kerbside or front gate of rural properties during the weekend before collection week.
- The combined size of each pile can contain no more than two cubic metres of domestic waste. Two cubic metres is equivalent to a 1.2 metre by 1.8 metre (6'x4') trailer loaded just under one metre high
- Loose rubbish must be placed in bags or boxes.
- Swing sets and trampolines must be dismantled for collection.
- Materials stacked on the kerbside should not obstruct traffic or pedestrians.
- All items placed for collection should be capable of being loaded by hand by two adults (items under 40kg and less than 1.5m in length).
- The collection is for excess household rubbish only and must not be used for vacant allotment clearing or commercial/trade waste.
- Green waste will not be collected from the kerbside due to contamination and health and safety issues. Green waste matter should be placed in green domestic waste bins or taken to the Singleton Waste Management Facility.
- Any materials placed on the kerb after the specified time or not complying with these collection guidelines will not be collected.
- Failure to remove waste that is deemed unacceptable by Council from the kerb following collection may result in a fine.