How to Apply
In our recruitment process, you may be required to upload one or maybe all of the below documents to your application:
- COVER LETTER
Your cover letter should provide a snapshot of what you have to offer. We want to know why you are interested in the position and the reasons we should hire you. It is also important that you include any required information that has been outlined in the job advertisement. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page in length and correctly addressed to the Hiring Manager as stated on the advertised position.
- SELECTION CRITERIA
If the position you are applying for requires you to respond to a list of key selection criteria, clearly demonstrate how your qualifications and/or experience would help you to meet the requirements of the role. Please ensure that you address all selection criteria advertised. We require you to use the STAR approach when writing your responses to the selection criteria.
When answering each question, ensure you outline the Situation, the Task, the Action your undertook and the Result of you actions.
A resume provides a summary of your skills, employment history, experience, knowledge and abilities. A good resume will be tailored to the position you are applying for, with an emphasis on the skills and experience that directly relates to the role. Rather than simply listing job duties in your employment history, try to demonstrate your achievements, what you have learned or the commitment level involved.
By quantifying your achievements, we will get a clearer picture of what you did to develop the skills and qualities we are looking for.
You can attempt to achieve this by following the hints provided:
- Format your resume to suit the job. Different roles require different formats but make sure it is clear and professional
- Use dot points to separate the individual skills you have gained through previous positions and past experience
- Use headings and sub-headings to clearly separate different areas such as employment history (including month and year of employment), skills, knowledge and abilities
- Insert page numbers so employers know if pages are missing or out of order
- Keep your resume two to four pages long
- Remember to keep your resume relevant and current.