Events and Training Programs
Hospitality Skills Training Program
Interested in working in hospitality? Want to get the skills for an entry level role but don’t know where to start?
Our hospitality industry needs more local staff for roles across our area. If you are interested in working in hospitality but don’t know where to start or what skills you need, sign up to this short course based right here in Singleton.
The Hospitality Skills Set Training will give you:
• Barista Skills
• Safe Food Handling
• Customer Service
• Local Work Experience
This skills program will get you ready for roles in:
• Food + Beverage, Bar and Café Attendant
• Catering Assistant
• Front Office Assistant
• Room Attendant
In just a few short weeks, you can get the skills and training for entry level roles and meet employers looking for staff locally. Whether you are starting your career, looking for a change or returning to work, this program will help you get skills ready for hospitality roles.
Sign Up Today. Submit an expression of interest here and attend the sign-up day at Singleton Arts and Culture Centre on Thursday 26 May to be considered for the program.
• Information session: 26 May 2022
• Training dates: 9, 15, 16 and 23 June 2022
• Location: Singleton Arts + Cultural Centre
PLACES ARE LIMITED SO SIGN UP TODAY .
RTO Code 90940 The fees for the course will vary based on the eligibility criteria. For more information please visit W smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au • Training under Job Trainer is fee-free and fully funded by the NSW and Commonwealth governments • This training is subsidised by the NSW Government under the Smart and Skilled Program • A Fee Exemption may apply and is conditional on Government Policy and Funding Arrangements • Fee exemptions may be applicable for eligible students
For more information about the program, contact Council’s Employment Pathways Advisor Riki Ward on 02 6578 7280
Bright Futures Event - Learn to Earn
Find out ways to upskill to help you get the job you want
FREE EVENT Thursday 23 June | 4 - 7pm at Singleton High School
Come along to this event for all ages and find out about a host of local courses and services offering opportunities to add to your employability arsenal to help you gain skills to get the job you want.
• Information on local courses, some fully funded for eligible participants
• Ability to sign up for courses on the day
• Short skills courses to Certificate IV available in a wide range of industries
• Support for getting learner driver hours up
• Support on how to start a business
• Find out ways to upskill to help you get the job you want
• For all ages including return to work mums, people looking for a change, people entering the work force for the first time, people thinking of starting a business and school leavers.
WHO WILL BE THERE?
Anyone providing training or upskilling in the Singleton LGA currently or in the coming months will have a table to be able to speak to attendees and sign people up to their courses. Such as:
• Registered Training Organisations
• Group Training Organisations
• Community Services
• Small Business Trainers
• Learner Driver Trainers
Local Employment Pathways Advisors can help attendees pick the right course and sign up. Not sure what’s next, talk through options with the Employment Pathways Advisors.
Book your free ticket at: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/bright-futures-learn-to-earn-tickets-342519052707
For more information about the event, contact Council’s Employment Pathways Advisor Riki Ward on 02 6578 7280