Nominations sought for new Arts and Culture Advisory Group
As work on the new Arts and Cultural Centre pushes ahead, Singleton Council is encouraging local creatives to be part of the newly formed Arts and Culture Advisory Group to help make the local government area the Hunter’s centre of creativity.
Meeting at least four times a year, Vicki Brereton, Council’s Director Organisation and Community Capacity said the group will reflect the breadth of arts, heritage, and cultural diversity across the Singleton area.
The function of the Arts and Culture Advisory Group is to:
- Support Council in the delivery of the Arts and Culture Strategy 2020-2030
- Assist Council promote and celebrate the arts, culture, and heritage of Singleton and to build connection between arts, culture and heritage groups and individuals in the community
- Provide advice and recommendations to Council on arts, culture, and heritage issues
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of a strong, identifiable public profile for arts and culture across the Singleton LGA
- To assist Council in developing, monitoring, and revising the Arts and Culture Strategy 2020-2030
“We may have already painted the picture of what we want arts and culture to look like in Singleton over the next decade with the adoption of the Arts and Culture Strategy 2020-2030, but we’re not waiting for the Arts and Cultural Centre in Townhead Park to open to start sculpting our cultural revolution,” Ms Brereton said.
“With the direction already set and in motion, the formation of the Arts and Culture Advisory Group is an important step, working with us to support and promote our thriving creative community and enhance cultural connections across our LGA.
“We’re committed to implementing the actions set out in the strategy and working with our community to implement quality programs that enhance Singleton’s identity and enrich the lives of the people who live here as well as visit here.
“If you’re an active member of our community and a passionate advocate for arts and culture in our region, this is the perfect position for you, and I invite you to submit your expression of interest on Council’s website.”
Expressions of interest outlining related experience and reason for nominating to join the group must be made by 15 November. For more information and to download the EOI form, visit W https://www.singleton.nsw.gov.au/310/Public-Exhibition or contact our Customer Service Team on T 02 6578 7290 for a hard copy to be posted to you.