We are Singleton: Portrait of a Town
ARTIST CALL OUT - APPLY NOW TO BE PART OF THE PROGRAM
ALL AGES WANTED! PHOTOGRAPHERS! STUDENTS OF PHOTOGRAPHY & FILM! ART STUDENTS! EMERGING COMMUNITY ARTS PRACTITIONERS! FUTURE SOCIAL DOCUMENTARIANS!
- Would you like to play a vital role in an exciting art project and launch exhibition for the new Singleton Arts and Culture Centre?
- Would you like to be part of a volunteer 12-month mentorship program to gain practical skills in photography and the arts?
- Would you like some hands on experience with community art project development and implementation?
- Do you have a passion for and want to learn more about photography, portraiture, and storytelling?
- Are you from or do you have strong ties to the Singleton area Wanaruah, Wonnarua lands?
- Are you between the ages of 16 &116?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then we’d love to hear from you!
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Thank you for your interest in being a potential part of an exciting photo based art project entitled “We Are Singleton - Portrait of a Town”, commencing in Sept/Oct 2021 (COVID- dependent). At a pivotal time in history “We Are Singleton” will explore the singularity and diversity of contemporary Singleton identity through the creation of an evolving series of high quality photographic portraits, creating a kind of time capsule of the town.
We are looking for volunteers who would love to be part of a mentorship program working closely with photographer and community arts practitioner Edwina Richards to bring this project to life. Richards (BComms / Master Photomedia) is an award winning art and commercial photographer and educator, with a love of community photo-based art. Her most recent projects include Intergen 2021 (Central Coast Council) and “Well You Haven’t Changed” (Singleton Bicentenary Project, 2020). In 2020, she also founded the WH!P (Women from the Hunter In Photography) group, whose principle aim is to create opportunities for professional women photographers in the Hunter region of NSW.
The “We are Singleton: Portrait of a Town" project aims to document and elevate dozens of stories of Singleton people, providing hands on experience for a number of mentees in the areas of photography, research, community art and social documentary.
Please note, this expressions of interest page is just the first step. Interested parties will receive a follow up email from the facilitator to outline the next steps once your registration has been accessed for suitability.