Go To Search
How Do I
Change of animal details

As a pet owner, you have a responsibility to ensure that the information on the NSW Companion Animals Register is up to date and correct.

You can correct or update the information on your animal's certificate by contacting any Council. You may need to provide your request in writing before Council can amend your record.

You are required to change your animal's details on the register within specified timeframes when any of the following happens:

  • You change your address or contact details;
  • You sell or give the animal away (note: As the 'old' owner you have the responsibility of sending the completed form to any local Council within 14 days of selling or giving the animal away);
  • The animal dies; and/or
  • The animal has been missing for more than 72 hours.

Change of owner/details form
Change of address form

There is no charge for the changing owner/details on the register. Council will provide you with a new certificate once the changes have been processed.

Singleton Council
PO Box 314 Singleton NSW 2330
Ph: 02 6578 7290