Go To Search
How Do I
When does an Owner Builder Permit apply?
When a Construction Certificate or Complying Development Certificate is for residential works only (eg dwelling, garage, awning, deck, pool etc) where:

a. the owner is going to do the work, or
b. there are multiple builders completing the work, and
c. the value is over $10,000.

an Owner Builder Permit is required.

If the work is over $20,000 then an Owner Builder Course Certificate is required to accompany the application form and fees. An application for can be obtained from the Department of Fair Trading on the link provided.

A statutory declaration is required for the same if the value of work is under $10,000.

For information on applying for Owner Builder permits contact Department of Fair Trading on the following link. Department of Fair Trading


Show All Answers

1. How do I track my DA?
2. How do I contact a Building Certifier/Plumbing Inspector?
3. Is my property allowed to have a house built upon it?
4. Is my land bushfire prone?
5. Do I need a pool fence?
6. When does an Owner Builder Permit apply?
7. What is Home Warranty Insurance and when does it apply?
8. What is Long Service Levy?

Singleton Council
PO Box 314 Singleton NSW 2330
Ph: 02 6578 7290